- Apply Now
- Majors and Minors
- Field Experiences
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- Chi Delta Epsilon
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited.
Megan Brown, Ph.D.Instructor of Education
BiographyProfessor Megan Brown taught K-6th grade in numerous positions in public elementary schools in New York before moving to Columbus to pursue a Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning from The Ohio State University. She is certified to teach both elementary and special education at the primary level. She began working at Cedarville University in 2018 as an instructor in the Early Childhood program teaching literacy and children's literature courses.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Children's Literature, Hollins University
- B.S. in Elementary/Special Education, Messiah College
- Swimming Against the Tide: Disability Represented Through Fish Symbolism in (and on) Middle Grade and Young Adult Novels (Megan R. Brown) Children's Literature in Education (2017)
- Promoting Literacy and Language-learning in Special Education Through Drama-based Pedagogies (A. Anderson, B. Lee and Megan R. Brown) Examining the Intersection of Arts and Special Education (2017)
- Cracking Open an Idea: Preservice Teachers Using Lesson Study to Reevaluate Read Aloud Lessons (Megan R. Brown) Literacy Research Association Annual Conference (2018)
- They’re Different but They’re Not Different: An Analysis of Disability as Nonnormative Other (Megan R. Brown) American Educational Research Association (2018)
- I Should Have Asked Why: Preservice Teachers Reflections on How They Languaged Relationships with Students (M. Hikida, Megan R. Brown and F. Beauchemin) National Council of Teachers of English Assembly for Research Conference (2018)
- Interests: Reading children's literature, drawing/painting, singing, working in youth ministry, acting, dancing, and spending time with my husband
- Why Cedarville?: God brought me to Cedarville. I have always desired to teach at a Christian university, and Cedarville was the opportunity that I was given to teach Christian educators to be a witness in whatever way God desires. Christ is a teacher and I am blessed to be able to serve Him in this way.