- Apply Now
- Majors and Minors
- Field Experiences
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- Chi Delta Epsilon
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited.
Dave Leitch, J.D., M.Ed.Assistant Professor of Special Education
Professor Leitch came to Cedarville with a diverse background. He served as a youth pastor at a church outside of Chicago for two years. He then served five years as an Air Force nuclear missile launch officer. Next, maintained a private law practice for more than 10 years. Since moving into the special education field, Professor Leitch has worked as an intervention specialist in a public middle school and a juvenile correctional facility. His interests mirror his vocational experience with a particular passion for special education law, juvenile corrections, and the impact of religion on individuals with moderate to severe disabilities.
Education and Credentials
- J.D., Cleveland State University
- M.Ed., Cleveland State University
- M.S., Central Michigan University
- B.S., Baptist Bible College of Pennsylvania
- Hobbies: Strategy games; Cleveland sports teams, in conjunction with developing the character trait of long-suffering
- Why I'm at Cedarville: Cedarville has been a part of my life and heritage for many years. My grandfather, George Dunn, was chairman of the Board of Trustees when the Cleveland group of Baptists assumed responsibility for Cedarville College. Numerous family members have connections to Cedarville, including my mother who attended Cedarville in the 1950s. In addition, my wife is a graduate of Cedarville, as are two of my children.
Special Education in Christian Schools
Special Education Law
Assessment and Differentiated Instruction