- Apply Now
- Majors and Minors
- Field Experiences
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- Student Education Association (SEA)
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited.
Tianhong ZhangAssistant Professor of Education
BiographyDr. Zhang graduated from a normal university and became a certified English instructor in secondary and postsecondary education in China. While in graduate school at the University of Akron, she got involved into the Ed-Tech education for K-12 in-service teachers and several granted evaluations of enhancing education through technology (EETT) in Ohio. When studying in the doctoral program at Kent State University, as the university’s out-reaching teaching fellow, she had the opportunity of teaching Chinese as a foreign language and tutoring ESL students in a high-need school district in Ohio for two years. She later returned to Kent State University and taught a diversity course for teacher licensure program, both online and face-to-face. At the same time, she taught Chinese in the Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies.
Education and CredentialsPh.D. in Cultural Foundations of Education, Kent State University M.A. in Instructional Technology, The University of Akron
- Presentation of "An intercultural study with Q methodology: Interpretation of graduate students’ intercultural practices on a U.S. campus" at the 34th Annual Conference of the International Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity (2018)
- Presentation on "Challenge and similarity: Multiculturalism, globalization and internationalization of higher education" at 2014 Ohio Consortium of Multicultural Centers
- Graduate students’ identities in the intercultural practices in a U.S. campus: A Q Inquiry". International Journal of Intercultural Relations (2018).
- Book Review: Family Strategies, Guanxi, and School Success in Rural China. Frontiers of Education in China (2016).
- Book Review: "The Demoralization of Teachers: Crisis in a Rural School in China". Comparative Education Review, (2014).
- Interests: I like watching basketball games with my kids and my husband, reading books, listening to Jacqueline du Pre’s cello performances, and watching movies
- Why Cedarville?: God led me to Cedarville. I desired to teach at a Christian university. I am able to work with Christian colleagues together for pursuing students’ spiritual growth and academic excellence. I am blessed to be part of Cedarville’s stewardship of God and being godly servant.