Bob Chasnov, Ph.D., P.E.Dean, Senior Professor of Engineering
Dr. Chasnov came to Cedarville in 1991 to help develop the engineering programs. He is currently the Dean of the School of Engineering and Computer Science and curriculum coordinator for the mechanical engineering program. Dr. Chasnov's interests include failure analysis, energy systems, and climate change.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- X-Ray and Neutron Scattering Studies of Niobium-Hydrogen Alloys Near the Alpha-Prime to Beta Phase Transition (Robert Chasnov) Faculty Dissertations (1983)
- Natural Sciences (Robert Chasnov) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Publications (1991)
- Electricity and Magnetism Exam File (Robert Chasnov) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Publications (1985)
- An Energy Use and Emissions Inventory (Robert Chasnov and Mark Gathany) Annual Conference & Exposition of the American Society for Engineering Education (2011)
- Magnet Symmetry and Newton's Third Law (Robert Chasnov and L. Overcast) The Physics Teacher (1990)
- Favorite places to visit: National Parks, Boundary Waters
- Hobbies: Grandfathering, playing trumpet in church, cards, good food
- Why Cedarville: God called us from the beauty of the Blue Ridge to Ohio.