Tim Tuinstra, Ph.D.Professor of Electrical Engineering
Dr. Tuinstra came to Cedarville in 2002, bringing a wealth of engineering experience with Department of Defense-related programs. Prior to coming to Cedarville, he was a senior engineer with General Dynamics where he worked on imaging radar and satellite communication systems. Dr. Tuinstra has also engaged in a variety of medical imaging research, including work involving the automatic measuring of pulmonary nodule size from computed tomography images. Currently, in addition to teaching, he is working as a researcher on a pulse doppler radar design with Duotech, an aerospace company in North Carolina. His current engineering interests include signal and image processing and radar systems. Dr. Tuinstra is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Engineering, University of Dayton
- M.S.E.E., University of Dayton
- B.S.E.E., Cedarville University
- Hobbies: Reading and running marathons
- Spending time with my wife and three sons
- Ministering in the local church
- Why Cedarville: Being at CU is an opportunity to invest in the lives of students and to help prepare them to make a difference for Christ in this world. I am passionate that my students learn to see their engineering work as a way that they can glorify God and love their neighbors.