Cyndi Messer, M.A.Associate Professor of English
Professor Messer taught several years in secondary education before joining the faculty at Cedarville in 1998. She teaches general composition and literature courses as well as methods courses for future English teachers. She currently serves as the program coordinator for the Adolescent and Young Adult Language Arts (AYALA) majors and is a key contact for questions concerning the English education program. She also serves as faculty advisor for The Miracle, Cedarville's yearbook.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in English, Wright State University
- B.A. in English Education, Cedarville College
- Favorite Places Visited: Paris, Puerto Vallarta, and San Franciso
- Hobbies: playing board games with family, exercising, reading, playing piano, gathering family and friends around a bonfire
- Favorite Authors: C.S. Lewis, Amy Tan, Thomas Hardy, John Steinbeck, Marilynne Robinson, Erik Lawson, Shakespeare