Justin Lyons, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Political Science
Dr. Lyons has taught courses on ancient and modern political thought, Winston Churchill, and ancient, medieval, and military history. In addition to numerous articles and book reviews on Winston Churchill, he is the author of Alexander the Great and Hernán Cortés: Ambiguous Legacies of Leadership
(Lexington Books, 2015).
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Politics, University of Dallas
- M.A. in Politics, University of Dallas
- M.A. in Medieval Studies, University of Toronto
- B.A. in History, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Interests: Traveling, reading science fiction and historical fiction
- Why Cedarville: I love teaching at Cedarville. The caring, mutually-supportive, and Christ-centered character of our campus community is the foundation of our educational efforts and of our personal interactions. The students in my classes are kind, curious, and enthusiastic. My colleagues in the department are gracious, encouraging, and inspiring.