David Rich, D.P.A.Professor of Public Administration & Political Science
Dr. Rich joined the faculty of Cedarville University in 2000. Prior to that, he gained over 20 years of experience working in government, with the majority of that service as a city manager. He has special interest in state and local government, privatization, and the Christian's role in government.
Education and Credentials
- D.P.A., Western Michigan University
- M.P.A., University of Dayton
- B.A. in Speech Communications, Cedarville University
- Ohio Police Officers Academy, Green County Sheriff’s Department
- Certified Economic Development Planner, Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA)
- Hobbies: bicycling, sailing, and skiing
- Why I'm at Cedarville: While serving as a City Manager, I realized that as a believer I was able to significantly affect my community and culture for Christ. Yet in assessing the number of believers in the profession, I felt a burden to train and send into government service gatekeepers capable of being salt and light in a political environment that is often hostile to God.