General Education Requirements in History and Government
A minimum of nine credit hours from History and Government must be fulfilled by all students to be eligible for graduation.
GSS-1100 Politics and American Culture (required for all students)
One History Course:
This requirement can be fulfilled by any history class offered by our department, including HIST-3750 Social Movements.
One Social Sciences/History Course:
The following list consists of classes offered in our department that can be taken to satisfy the global awareness requirement.
- ANTH-1800 Cultural Anthropology
- INTL-3190 Global Issues
- GEO-3540 History and Politics of Africa
- HIST-3250 History and Politics of Central and South Asia
- HIST-3210 History and Politics of East Asia
- HIST-3240 History and Politics of Eastern Europe
- HIST-3200 History and Politics of Latin America
- HIST-3220 History and Politics of the Middle East
- HIST-3230 History and Politics of Western Europe
- HIST-3080 History of Russia and the Soviet Union
- INTL-3650 International Relations
- HIST-3750 Social Movements
- GEO-3520 World Regional Geography - East