The following dates should be taken into consideration before you apply to a program. Your Cedarville preliminary application should be submitted at least 2 weeks before any program deadline or two weeks before you plan to apply to a program. Some programs have earlier deadlines.
Since selection to most programs is done on a rolling admissions basis, we strongly recommend that you apply early. Many programs will be filled to capacity prior to the deadlines below. Check the programs's website to determine program specific deadlines.
October 15: Spring Semester programs
March 1: Summer (non-Cedarville initiated), Fall Semester, & Academic Year
Follow these steps to apply for any of Cedarville's semester programs.
- Advanced Planning:
- Explore options (internet, library, flyers, videos, presentations on campus, Office of International Programs).
- Attend a required informational meeting offered on Wednesdays at 3:00 and 4:00 throughout the semester. Policies & procedures will be covered during the meeting.
- Examine your four year plan and how an off-campus study could fit in it.
- Talk to your advisor and to someone in the Office of International Programs.
- Discuss ideas with your family.
- Get a passport or pick up form at a local Post Office)
- Complete Cedarville Preliminary Application:
Cedarville students wishing to apply to any off-campus program must first submit a preliminary application (available online or in the Office of International Programs). This is used by the Director of International Programs to verify a student's eligibility for off-campus study. The processing of the preliminary application normally takes 1-2 weeks.
- Apply to Specific Off-Campus Program:
- Be sure to check application deadlines since they vary by program. You should submit all needed at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Complete your specific program application (many are online; hard copies are available in the Office of International Programs).
- References for programs should be sent to the Office of International Programs to be mailed in together.
- Request an official transcript be sent to the Office of International Programs.
- If not applying online, bring your application fee (check or money order) to the Office of International Programs to be mailed in with your references and transcript.
- If an "Institutional Intent Form" or "Certification Form" needs signatures, the form must be turned in to the Office of International Programs 3 weeks before the application due date.
- Waiting Period and Registration Instructions
- If an acceptance letter has not been received before Cedarville registration occurs, you should register for on-campus courses.
- Once acceptance letter is received, contact the Office of International Programs to make an appointment to complete your Cedarville Course Registration Form for off campus study. Come prepared with the courses you plan to take in your program and for what Cedarville courses they should be credited. This may require an additional meeting with your advisor.
- If you previously registered for on-campus courses, you must drop them before the off campus courses can be registered.
- Contact University Medical Services three months before departure to obtain information on immunization requirements/suggestions.
- Attend the pre-departure orientation meeting and complete the necessary Cedarville forms before leaving campus.
- Plan a budget and obtain sufficient funds to cover expenses while abroad.
- Contact the Financial Aid to make sure all of your loans and scholarships are properly signed.
- Credits and Grades
For semester off-campus courses you are registered for equivalent Cedarville courses and therefore receive grades. Recorded grades become part of your GPA.
- Participation and Beyond
- Participate in your program and have a great experience.
- Submit program evaluation to the Office of International Programs.
- Read the re-entry information.
- Consider ways to continue your international experience (foreign language, write articles, development of web materials, etc.)
Submission of the following forms is required after you are accepted to a program. Forms are available in the Office of International Programs.
- Cedarville Course Registration Form