Male student takes notes in class

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Apply Now!
  2. Programs
  3. FAQs
  4. Contact Us
  5. About Us
  6. Social Work Programs
  7. Summer Programs
  8. DC Semester
  9. Semester in Spain
  10. Financial Information

What is my application process?

See International Program Application Process.

What are the costs of the programs?

The cost of the program for study abroad depends on different factors. Some of the factors include:

  • Place of program
  • Exchange rate of currency if you are overseas
  • Your ability to stay within a budget

What costs can I expect to be put on my bill?

The costs on your bill include the program costs for your particular program plus an administrative fee.

What will a typical week look like while I am studying abroad?

Depending on the program you attend, you will be expected to complete as much academic work (in terms of quantity) as you would on campus. However, you may also have long weekends to travel in the semester long programs. Take this advice from past students--make sure you are caught up on your academic work before you travel. This way you will not fall behind on work. Students typically study Monday through Friday morning, and travel on weekends.

How do I know if I have been approved by Cedarville to participate in an International Program?

Once you complete all the necessary paperwork, been through an interview with an International Program representative, and have all forms turned into the Office of International Programs, you will receive notice as to whether or not you have been approved by Cedarville to participate in a program. Approval is based on the following criteria:

  • A grade point average of 2.7 or above.
  • You are not currently on conduct probation or subject to being placed on conduct probation.
  • Acceptable faculty recommendation.
  • You have adequate financial aid to cover necessary expenses, and cover any previous balances on your account.
  • Completed & signed Cedarville International Program Application and behavior contract.

Acceptance into individual programs is at the discretion of that program.

Can I work while I am studying abroad?

It is not recommended that you work because this will invariably affect your time to travel on weekends. Legally, students cannot work in the host countries in the community without obtaining a work visa.

Will my Cedarville Google Mail account work when I study elsewhere?

Yes, your Cedarville email account will be active. Depending on your program, web access may be limited.

How do I know what to pack for my International Program?

Your individual program will send you information on what to bring. For a general list, see the link to Pre-departure Guide.

What are the CCCU and CIEE?

CCCU stands for Council of Christian colleges and Universities. CIEE stands for Council of International Educational Exchange. Both are coalitions of universities that send students to various sites to study aboard. To find out more about the programs, check the following links: and

Are there scholarships for International Programs?

Students may apply for scholarships from outside sources and our own Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarship. Students are encouraged to also contact their financial aid counselor on campus.

Can my parents come visit me when I am participating in an International Program?

Parents are welcome to visit the study abroad sites. They can stay at nearby hotels or bed-and-breakfasts. Parents should be advised that you might not have much time to spend with them.

Should I use cash, credit card, ATM's, or traveler's checks if I am studying abroad?

ATM's are accessible and recommended in many countries. Debit cards can be used but are not always accessible in some countries. Traveler's checks are not recommended since not every place takes them and the rate of exchange is not the best. You should not carry too much cash at one time. Only take what you think you might need for a few days. Credit cards are recommended but not all places accept them (public transportation, etc.). Your individual program will provide information about your country.

How do I register for my study abroad classes?

You must meet with someone in the Office of International Programs before signing up for study abroad classes. You will register for the classes as you would for on-campus out-of-class courses. If you do not know your acceptance status into a program at Cedarville's registration time, it is strongly recommended that you register for classes as if you were going to be on-campus. Once you are accepted into a program, you will drop those classes and the out-of-class courses will be added to your schedule.

What do I do if I want to stay a week or two in the host country before or after the dates already set by Study Abroad?

If you deviate from the travel dates, you will be responsible for arranging for your own place to stay, expenses, and any other travel related expenses including transportation.

Further questions may be directed to the Office of International Programs at 937-766-3896 or you can send an e-mail.