David "Pete" Peterson
David "Pete" Peterson, Ed.D.Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
BiographyDr. David Peterson is a retired U. S. Navy Aerospace/Operational Physiologist with more than 20 years of active duty service. He has earned multiple degrees in exercise science and is a former competitive powerlifter. Dr. Peterson has published numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, a textbook, and presented at multiple national and state conferences on the topics of body composition and physical fitness testing. He is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dr. Peterson’s military call-sign was MEAT, standing for "Must Eat All the Time."
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. in Sports Management (with emphasis in Sports Health and Fitness), United States Sports Academy
- M.S. in Exercise Science, University of Louisiana - Monroe
- B.S. in Exercise Science, Truman State University
- Development of an Online Doctor of Education Program in Applied Exercise Science
- A Practical Guide to Personal Conditioning
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- Interests: Weight training, big game hunting, watching movies, and studying the Old Testament
- Why Cedarville?: Today’s military, just like our society, has become more secular in nature. Although I will always cherish my time and experiences in the service, I now want to work in an environment dedicated solely to upholding biblical morals and values.