Mike Weller, M.S.Associate Professor of Athletic Training
Professor Weller serves as the Program Director of the CAATE-accredited Athletic Training Education Program at Cedarville. A certified and licensed athletic trainer, his responsibilities have included both clinical and didactic education and program oversight. He is a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association, the Ohio Athletic Trainers Association (OATA), and the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association. He serves on the OATA Athletic Training Student committee.
Education and Credentials
- M.S., Ohio University
- B.A., Capitol University
- Certified Athletic Trainer (BOC)
- ATEP Clinical Education Coordinator
- Risk Factors for Concussion in Collegiate NCAA Division II Men's and Women's Soccer Athletes (Isaac S. Beckler and Michael S. Weller) The Journal of Sports Medicine and Allied Health Sciences (2016)
- College Football Athletes' Knowledge and Reporting of Concussion Symptoms (A. Burley, E. Goodwin and Michael S. Weller) Kinesiology and Allied Health Faculty Publications (2010)
- Use of MedX Phototherapy on Multiple Graft Transplants Following Ankle Arthroscopy and Subsequent Infection (W. Springer, E. Goodwin, L. Howard, et al.) Kinesiology and Allied Health Faculty Publications (2007)
- Management of Traumatic Athletic Injuries: The ATC's Role (Michael S. Weller) Kinesiology and Allied Health Faculty Publications (2002)
- Common Spine Boarding Practices in the Athletic Setting: A Survey of Athletic Trainers and Athletic Training Students (Jamie Lynne Field and Michael S. Weller) The Research and Scholarship Symposium (2018)
- Favorite place to visit: Any place new with his wife and three daughters.
- Hobbies: Any kind of sporting event, cooking, music
- Unusual fact: I have a great summer job (ask me about it)
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville allows me the opportunity to equip athletic training students to meet a hurting world where they are. The athletic training profession lends itself to sharing the Gospel with an active population.