Information Services Librarian; Asst. Professor of Library Science
Jeff Gates served as an Assistant Pastor in Kearney, Nebraska, for eight years. After receiving his M.L.S. from Kent State University, he served as Head Librarian at Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary for 10 years. He returned to his home state of Ohio in 2007 to begin working at Cedarville in the Centennial Library.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Library Science, Kent State University
- M.A. in Biblical Studies, Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.S. in Theology, Baptist Bible College
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- Christian Librarians or Librarian Christians? The Christian Librarian 62, no. 1 (2019): 8-10.
How May I Serve You? A Unified Service Point for Meeting the Needs of Your Library Users. Panel Presentation. Association of Christian Librarians Conference (June 2019)
- Teaching Scholarship as Conversation: A Case Study. Presentation. Information Literacy Interest Group, Association of Christian Librarians Annual Conference (June 2017)
- Self-Care: A Christian Perspective. Evangelical Review of Theology 39 no 1 (2015): 4-17.
- Professional Tasks of Librarians at Small Bible College Libraries. The Christian Librarian 53, no. 1 (2010): 2-27
- Learning and teaching about God, ethics, and finding information
- Singing in a men's group and choir
- Listening to Celtic music
- Watching science fiction movies
- Why Cedarville: More than anything I enjoy learning and teaching. At Cedarville University, I get to do that by helping faculty members and students find resources for their courses and assignments and working in a conservative Christian environment.