- Majors and Minors
- Alumni Spotlights
- Contact Us
- Music Auditions
- Worship Auditions
- Group Auditions
- Music Scholarships
- Worship Scholarships
- Top 10 Reasons
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Connie Anderson, M.M.Assistant Professor of Piano Pedagogy; Director of the Keyboard Pedagogy Program
BiographyMrs. Anderson serves as the Director of the Keyboard Pedagogy program. A longtime member of the Ohio Music Teachers Association, she holds Permanent Professional National Certification from the Music Teachers National Association and the American College of Musicians. She teaches pedagogy courses, group piano class, and administrates a large private piano studio. She is an active adjudicator for the National Guild auditions, National Federation of Music Clubs Festival, and Ohio ACSI. Mrs. Anderson maintains an active presence at the National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy and the Music Teachers National Conference. In 2004, she was honored as the Certified Teacher of the Year for the OMTA Western District.
Education and Credentials
- M.M. in Keyboard Pedagogy, Wright State University
- B.A. in Piano Performance, Cedarville University
- Certified Music Teacher from The American College of Musicians
- Permanent Professional Certified Teacher of Music in Piano from Music Teachers National Association
- Hall of Fame Certification from the American College of Musicians
- How Do You Balance Your Emphasis on Accuracy and Interpretation?
- What Makes Piano Study a Positive Experience for You/Your Child?
- Favorite Places to Visit: Indianapolis — we love spending time with our five grandchildren!; overseas vacations; cruises anywhere; Vail, Florida, Hilton Head
- Hobbies: Anything that involves spending time with my husband and our family! We enjoy attending concerts and traveling and trying new restaurants with our kids.
- Why Cedarville?: My husband and I met at Cedarville as students where I had the privilege of being his accompanist! Lyle was hired as a full-time faculty member immediately following graduation. We love working with our students and continuing the relationships after graduation. We are thankful for the biblical stand Cedarville takes as its motto states: For the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ.