- Majors and Minors
- Alumni Spotlights
- Contact Us
- Music Auditions
- Worship Auditions
- Group Auditions
- Top 10 Reasons
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Bruce Curlette, D.M.A.Professor of Music; Director of Clarinet Ensemble
Dr. Curlette previously was a member of the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra, a solo clarinetist with The Mantovani Orchestra, and the Associate Principal Clarinetist for the Pittsburgh Ballet Orchestra. An active recitalist and acclaimed for his interpretations of 20th-century music, Dr. Curlette has had over 100 compositions written for him by composers from all over the world, such as Dmitrii Smirnov, Serban Nichifor, Rossano Pinelli, Gabriel Mălăncioiu, Austin Jaquith, Steven Winteregg, David Morneau, and Javier Pérez Garrido. His teachers include James M. Pyne, D. Stanley Hasty, Gervase dePeyer, and Carl H. C. Anderson. He has been at Cedarville since 2001.
Why I love teaching at CU
Using all of my musical skills to serve Jesus Christ with excellence. Performing music to the highest level for God’s glory. Teaching students who love Christ. Being a part of the family that calls itself the Department of Music and Worship. Enjoying the great recital hall we have at our disposal.
Education and Credentials
- D.M.A., The Ohio State University
- M.M., Eastman School of Music
- B.S., Jacksonville State University
- Back to My Roots: An Evening of French Clarinet Music (Bruce Curlette) Faculty Recitals (2018)
- Bruce Curlette, Clarinet (Bruce Curlette) Faculty Recitals (2017)
- A Tribute to D. Stanley Hasty (Bruce Curlette) The Clarinet (2008)
- National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors National Conference (Bruce Curlette) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2011)
- Some Considerations for Programming for a Woodwind Chamber Ensemble (Bruce Curlette) NACWPI Journal (2006)
- Presenting recitals
- Building and flying radio-controlled airplanes
- Long-distance cycling