- Majors and Minors
- Alumni Spotlights
- Contact Us
- Music Auditions
- Worship Auditions
- Group Auditions
- Top 10 Reasons
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Beth Porter, M.A.Chair, Associate Professor of Vocal Music
On faculty at Cedarville University since 1997, Beth Cram Porter is currently Associate Professor of Voice and serves as Chair of the Department of Music and Worship. A classically trained singer, she has earned a splendid reputation as a soloist and recitalist. In 2004, she was invited to be the featured soloist at the White House National Day of Prayer ceremony where she sang for President George W. Bush and 200 of his invited guests. Porter calls herself a “professional noise maker” and bird calls are her hidden talent! She takes seriously the biblical command to “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!”
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in music, Western Carolina University
- B.M. in vocal performance, Baylor University
- All Kidding Aside: An April Fool's Faculty Recital (Beth Cram Porter) Faculty Recitals (2014)
- St. Colman Catholic Church Recital Series (Beth Cram Porter) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2014)
- Harding College Recital (Beth C. Porter) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2012)
- The Opera Ensemble (Cedarville University) Ensemble Concerts (2015)
- Requiem in d minor, Op. 48 (Beth Cram Porter) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2014)
- Favorite places to visit: Oregon, Texas, Arkansas, North Carolina, Georgia, the Gulf of Florida
- Hobbies: Bird watching and bird calls, playing games with friends, baking, growing flowers, laughing!
- Why Cedarville: God called me here! As a southerner, Ohio was not on my list of places to live, but God’s breath blew me here and I have been here since 1997. I LOVE my students. I love teaching them, mentoring them, walking with them, and watching God transform their lives. What an honor and blessing they are to me.