- Majors and Minors
- Alumni Spotlights
- Contact Us
- Music Auditions
- Worship Auditions
- Group Auditions
- Top 10 Reasons
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Mark Spencer, D.M.A.Classical and Contemporary Voice; Associate Professor of Music
Dr. Spencer taught at colleges in California and Texas before joining the faculty of Cedarville University. He has been a guest clinician in California, Illinois, New York, Ohio, and Singapore. He has sung roles with the Dayton Bach Society, Dayton Opera, Dayton Philharmonic, Human Race Theatre, Ohio Lyric Theatre, Opera Funatics, Riverside Master Chorale, the Inland Opera Association of Southern California, Musica Viva!, and the Singapore Symphony. He has been at Cedarville since 1993.
Why I love teaching at CU
Christ-Centered atmosphere, talented students, beautiful campus.
Education and Credentials
- D.M.A., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.M., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A., Judson University
- Springfield Symphony Conjures the Sea (Mark W. Spencer) Music and Worship Faculty Contributions to the Popular Press (2016)
- The Opera Ensemble (Cedarville University) Ensemble Concerts (2015)
- The Passion According to St. Matthew (Mark W. Spencer) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2013)
- Wright State University Clarinet Symposium (Mark W. Spencer) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (2009)
- California Baptist University Faculty Recital (Mark W. Spencer) Music and Worship Faculty Performances (1992)
- Verismo Opera
- Classic cinema