- Majors and Minors
- Faculty and Staff
- Concerts and Events
- Instrum. Ensemble FAQ
- Recording Showcase
- Resonance Worship Bands
- Student Resources
- Music Camp
- Contact Us
- Department of Music and Worship
Cedarville University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
The Cedarville composition degree has a dual focus on composition for the concert hall as well as composition for contemporary media. To prepare students to be composers for film, games, and other contemporary media, a significant music technology component is included in the curriculum. Students will learn how to record, mix, and produce their compositions in the digital environment. To prepare for artistic pursuits in concert music, students will compose pieces for many different mediums in the course of their studies and have regular opportunities for performances and readings of their works.
While at Cedarville, students will have many resources at their disposal to develop into professional musicians:
- Award-winning faculty
- Excellent rehearsal rooms and recital hall
- Comprehensive music library
- Electronic music production lab for film scoring and music production
- Well-maintained practice rooms
- Challenging and inspiring music colleagues
- Opportunities to hear great music performed in the greater metropolitan area
If you want to study musical composition in a Christian liberal arts setting, we think that you need look no further. We thank you for considering Cedarville, and we hope you schedule an audition soon.