Terry Dickson, M.D.Adjunct Faculty, School of Nursing
Dr. Terry Dickson is a Board Certified Pediatrician who spent the first half of his career in General Pediatrics and for the last 16 years has focused his practice on adults and children with mental health disorders. He is the founder and Director of The Behavioral Medicine Clinic of Northwest Michigan. He also serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics and Human Development and has taught medical students and residents. Dr. Dickson has been a national speaker, a principal study investigator for a number of medication clinical trials, and has published many articles and contributed to book chapters in the field of mental health. Dr. Dickson believes that the purpose of his teaching is to provide a learning environment with biblically based principles so that his students can go out into the world as ambassadors for Jesus.
Education and Credentials
- M.D., Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
- B.S., The Ohio State University
- Spending time with God and His Word
- Bicycling – Road and Mountain Bikes
- Photography - both 35mm and large format
- Classical Guitar
- Backpacking, Hiking, Kayaking
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I truly believe that God led me to teach at Cedarville University. I was praying over the last few years for an opportunity to combine medicine with a ministry for Jesus. I have a real passion for investing in student's lives and am so grateful to be a part of helping to fulfill God's purpose for the Cedarville School of Nursing. I believe that when you are serving where God wants you to be, then you are in the right place! I will follow Him wherever He leads me!