Angelia Mickle, D.N.P., RN, APRN, FNP-C, PMHNP-BC
Dean, Associate Professor of Nursing
Dr. Angelia Mickle is honored to serve as Dean for the School of Nursing. She has practiced for nearly 30 years; the majority of practice involved emergency and trauma nursing, including five years as a flight nurse. She teaches in both undergraduate and graduate nursing courses. She believes every young person is a success story waiting to happen! Her ministry is caring for patients, teaching students, and using nursing as a ministry for Christ. She has been at Cedarville University since August 2008.
Education and Credentials
- D.N.P. in Family Practice NP, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Post-Master's Certificate in Psyche Mental Health NP, University of Cincinnati
- M.S.N. in Nursing Education, Indiana Wesleyan University
- B.S.N., Indiana Wesleyan University
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- Saline Infusion (Angelia Mickle) Conference Presentation (2018)
- An Investigation of Sports Concussion Management Among High School Student Athletes (Angelia Mickle) Faculty Dissertations (2013)
Rapid Response Teams: The Staff Nurses' Perspectives (Angelia Mickle) Nursing Faculty Publications (2008)
- More Than 200 Viruses Infect Americans with the Common Cold Each Year (Angelia Mickle) Nursing Faculty Publications (2015)
Benchworks & AACN: A Partnership to Help Drive Nursing Program Improvement (Angelia Mickle) Academic Nursing Leadership Conference (2017)
- Favorite place to visit: Amish Country
- Interests: Reading, jigsaw puzzles, camping, and spending time with my family.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: Cedarville University chose me. I was led here by nursing students who I routinely precepted in the emergency room; their salt and light clearly emanated. I desired to teach nurses who would be equipped with excellence both professionally and spiritually. I love the School of Nursing's vision: "Using Nursing as a ministry for Christ."