Peter Savard, M.S.N., RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
I have been asked what my background is numerous times ... the problem is that is really varied and atypical. I have a background as an emergency department nurse since 1990, but have also had roles in management and research. I have also had significant roles in logistics and supply chain setting up mobile hospitals designed for disaster response and global supply chains for the Department of Defense. What has been interesting for me to see, now that I am farther down this road, is how all these areas have led me to Cedarville and to do my work as a founder of a global nonprofit. Both areas allowing me to impact the Kingdom of God in a unique way.
Education and Credentials
- M.S., Administration of Nursing and Health Care Systems, Wright State University
- M.S., Logistics and Supply Chain, Wright State University
- B.S.N., Cedarville College
- Interests: Paddling (canoe/kayak/SUP), cycling, skateboarding, hunting, fishing, reading, family
- Why Cedarville: The very first thought of coming back to Cedarville to teach was from a professor I had in the 80s asking, "Would you consider teaching?" That question didn’t go away, and four years later, I came back to teach. One of the most fundamental decisions to come to Cedarville and teach was the opportunity to invest in the next generation of nurses with the knowledge and skills that I had acquired over my decades of practice and experiences that God had given me. This investment is really a small reflection of the investment some professors made in me when I attended in the 80s. I enjoy teaching and ministering to the students whether related to nursing or not. I have been able to lead numerous Global Outreach trips, have many conversations about life, and even spend 10 weeks on semester on Monday nights going over the lessons I have learned from mission and nonprofit work. I pray that as I continue to "teach" at Cedarville that my impact will be both in and out of the classroom.