Thad Franz, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Vice Chair of Experiential Programs and Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
As Vice Chair of Experiential Programs, Dr. Thad Franz oversees both the introductory and advance pharmacy student experiences throughout the professional program. He is also involved in training and developing relationships with pharmacists to successfully precept Cedarville students. Dr. Franz also currently serves as a clinical pharmacist at the Rocking Horse Center, a primary care clinic in Springfield, Ohio. There he cares for and manages medication therapies of patients with complex chronic diseases. Prior to his academic appointment at Cedarville in 2012, Dr. Franz served as a pharmacist with the Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where he developed clinical programs in the community care setting focused on patient adherence, education, and disease state management. He also served as a preceptor himself for pharmacy students and residents.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., The Ohio State University
- B.S.P.S., The Ohio State University
- Certificates: Diabetes education, medication therapy management, pharmacy-based specialty medication delivery, pharmacy-based immunization delivery
- Licensed pharmacist: Ohio
- Favorite Places to Visit: Retreat in Buchanan, Michigan; India; Jamaica; the golf course
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family, reading, music, sports
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I wanted to be obedient to God’s calling. I have a desire to use how He has gifted me to have an impact on the lives of students for the advancement of His kingdom.