- About the School
- Academic Programs
- Accreditation and Recognition
- Alumni Connect
- Center for Pharmacy Innovation
- Experiential Programs
- Pharmacy Missions
- Faculty and Staff
- Gift Giving
Zach Jenkins, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
BiographyDr. Jenkins completed a postgraduate pharmacy practice residency with Summa Health System, where he focused his training in adult internal medicine and infectious disease. Throughout both his graduate and postgraduate education, Dr. Jenkins was frequently involved in teaching medical and pharmacy students at Northeast Ohio Medical University, which ultimately led him to earn a graduate teaching certification. Dr. Jenkins is an active member of the pharmacy profession, and he currently serves within the leadership of several professional organizations. His research interests include subjects related to infectious disease, antimicrobial stewardship, interprofessional education, and student professional development. Dr. Jenkins maintains a clinical practice in infectious disease at Atrium Medical Center and Miami Valley Hospital, where he helps to lead the antimicrobial stewardship initiative for the Premier Health Partners system.
Education and Credentials
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy
- Pharm.D., Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, Summa Health System
- Teaching Certificate, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Teaching and Learning Certificate, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Academy
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Certification, Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists (SIDP)
- Immunization Certificate, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Medication Therapy Management Certification, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certification, American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor Certification, American Heart Association (AHA)
- Jenkins Z, Laswell E, Stute N, Bluhm L. Utilizing an ICU teaching rounds simulation to enhance collaborative skills and sepsis pharmacotherapeutic knowledge. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2019;11(9):1.
- Giles A, MacDougall C, Cho J, Gruenberg K, Jenkins Z, Thigpen J. Improving pharmacy education through creation of a nationwide educational collaborative: the example of antimicrobial stewardship. Special Session, AACP Annual Meeting. Chicago, Il. July 2019.
- Jenkins Z. Forging the trail: implementing a "Choose Your Own Adventure" active learning model in a classroom setting. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting. Boston, MA, July 2018.
- Fox N, Haines L, Bull R, Jenkins Z, Ballentine J, Burdette S, Pleiman C. Potentially inappropriate durations of anti-infective therapy at hospital discharge despite inpatient antimicrobial stewardship. Open Forum Infectious Disease. 2017;4(Suppl 1):S330.
- Jenkins Z, Voris A, Ford C, Pinkerton M, Barnet C, Callan K, Anderson D, Cailor S. An interprofessional approach to teaching advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) to pharmacy and nursing students. Am J Pharm Educ. 2016;80(5):51
- Favorite Places to Visit: Glacier National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Dolly Sods Wilderness
- Hobbies: Backpacking, hiking, camping, reading, board games, and baseball
- Why I'm at Cedarville: God placed a variety of circumstances in my life that brought me into pharmacy, academia, and, ultimately, Cedarville. I am excited about having the opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of pharmacy students as they continue to grow in their individual walk with Christ.