- About the School
- Academic Programs
- Accreditation and Recognition
- Alumni Connect
- Center for Pharmacy Innovation
- Disruptive Healthcare Blog
- Experiential Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Gift Giving
Emily Laswell, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Laswell earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University in 2012 and completed her postgraduate pharmacy residency at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio. During her residency, she obtained a teaching certificate from the Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. Her research interests include interprofessional education and neurology. Dr. Laswell currently practices at Riverside Methodist Hospital where she focuses on the treatment of patients with various neurologic disease states.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Completion of PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency in Inpatient/Acute Care at Grandview Medical Center
- Teaching Certificate, Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Clinical and Economic Considerations Based on Persistency with a Novel Insulin Delivery Device versus Conventional Insulin Delivery in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: A Retrospective Analysis (Beverly Everitt, H. Courtenay Harrison, Carla Nikkel, et al.) Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy (2018)
- Frequency and Impact of Pharmacist Interventions in Clinical Trial Patients with Diabetes (Emily M. Laswell, Stephanie M. Cailor, Jeb Ballentine, et al.) Clinical Therapeutics (2017)
- Heart for the Broken (Emily M. Laswell, Brenda L. Pahl and Andrew M. Straw) Christianity and Pharmacy (2017)
- An Educational Intervention to Improve Pharmacy Student Empathy for Patients on Hemodialysis (Emily M. Laswell) American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting (2017)
- Evaluation of a Sepsis Teaching Rounds Simulation for Pharmacy Students (Emily M. Laswell) American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting (2017)
- Favorite Place(s) to visit: Sanibel Island or any other beach!
- Hobbies: Spending time with my husband, John, reading, visiting family and friends
- Why Cedarville: What an amazing blessing to have the opportunity to work with pharmacy students in a Christ-centered environment! I cannot wait to see where God leads this program!