Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. McKenzie Shenk completed two years of postgraduate pharmacy residency at Eskenazi Health in Indianapolis, Indiana, specializing in internal medicine. During her first year of residency, she obtained a teaching certificate through the Indiana Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program and was involved in teaching opportunities through Purdue University and Butler University schools of pharmacy.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Cedarville Univerisity School of Pharmacy
- B.S.P.S., Cedarville University
- PGY2 Internal Medicine Pharmacy Residency, Eskenazi Health
- PGY1 Pharmcy Practice Residency, Eskenazi Health
- Teaching Certificate, Indiana Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program
Licensed Pharmacist: Indiana, Ohio
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate, American Pharmacists Association
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certification, American Pharmacists Association
- Drugs, Genes, and Genius Ideas: Pharmacogenomics for the Lay Pharmacist. Pharmacy Grand Rounds. Eskenazi Health. Indianapolis, IN. March 2019.
- DOAC: Dosing Anticoagulants in Obesity is Challenging. Indiana Pharmacist Alliance Annual Meeting. Indianapolis, IN. September 2018.
- Multi-Site Validation Study, Clinical Pearls, and Prospective Utilization of the High-Alert Medication Stratification Tool-Revised (HAMST-R). Midwest Medication Safety Symposium. Indianapolis, IN. September 2018.
- Hartzler M, Shenk M, Williams J, Schoen J, Dunn T, Anderson D. Impact of collaborative shared medical appointments on diabetes outcomes in a family medicine clinic. Diabetes Educator 2018. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0145721718776597. [Epub ahead of print].
How Low Can We Go? Considerations for Cholesterol Management. Pharmacy Grand Rounds. Eskenazi Health. Indianapolis, IN. September 2017.
- Brown B, Chow K, Shenk M, Stump T. Effects of High-Fidelity Simulation on Student Perceptions of Interprofessional Education. University of Dayton/Miami Valley Hospital Healthcare Symposium 2016. Dayton, OH. April 2016.
- Reading, watching movies, exercising, cooking and meal prepping, spending time with family
- Why Cedarville?: I am excited to return to Cedarville to invest in God's Kingdom by equipping students to serve as compassionate, innovative pharmacists. I desire to support student as they pursue God's call in their lives in the profession of pharmacy with excellence, compassion, and collaboration.