Nathanael Smith, R.Ph., Pharm.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Nathanael Smith completed an ASHP-accredited postgraduate year one (PGY-1) pharmacy residency at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, West Virginia. During this residency, he completed a teaching certificate through the Marshall University School of Pharmacy. Dr. Smith enjoys teaching cardiology, and maintains a practice of Emergency Medicine at Grandview Medical Center. A few of Dr. Smith’s areas of interest include cardiology, internal medicine, critical care, and infectious disease.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Cedarville University School of Pharmacy
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Teaching Certificate, Marshall University School of Pharmacy
- Other Certificates: American Heart Association Basic Life-Support for Healthcare Providers, Advanced Cardiac Life-Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Interests: Traveling with my wife, spending time with family, WVU sports, exercising, reading
- Why Cedarville: As an alumnus from Cedarville University, my experience as a student was phenomenal. Every professor invested in my life, and they helped me grow in my walk with Christ. Throughout my experience, I could see Christ in the lives of the faculty. Since I have had a passion for teaching, Cedarville offered an outstanding opportunity to share my faith and invest in students as they progress in pharmacy school and their own Christian walks.