Denise Jean-Louis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Science
Dr. Denise Jean-Louis’s area of expertise is in Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry. Her research interests include natural product drug discovery with a focus on anticancer agents and antioxidants. She has co-authored several peer-reviewed manuscripts on the medicinal chemistry and biology of anticancer and central nervous system agents.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- B.S. in Chemistry and Food Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Iowa
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Kansas
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- Alkaloids, Oxasqualenoids, Quassinoids and Protolimonoids from Castela, Esenbeckia and Spathelia
- Evaluation of the Anticancer Activity of Bioactive Fraction G Extracted from Pavetta crassipes in Malignant Brain Tumor Cell Lines
- Interests: Hiking, reading, music, basketball, track and field
- Why Cedarville: The students, staff, and faculty share my passion for helping the underserved.