Douglas Anderson, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Chair, Professor of Pharmacy Practice
As a clinical pharmacist, Dr. Anderson’s areas of expertise include anticoagulation and thromboembolic disorders as well as cardiovascular risk reduction. He has produced numerous publications, invited presentations, and research. As a researcher, he has attracted more than $700,000 in grant support from organizations including the University of Texas, Pfizer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Astra/Merck, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, and American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Anderson also possesses extensive teaching and professional experience. Just prior to coming to Cedarville, he served as an associate professor and director of the Southwest Georgia Pharmacy Program as part of the University of Georgia School of Pharmacy.
Education and Credentials
- Fellowship in Internal Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Pharm.D., University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy
- Mosier Scholar
- Pharmacy Practice (PGY1) Residency, St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City
- B.S. in Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy
- Certified Anticoagulation Care Provider, National Certification Board for Anticoagulation Providers, December 2005
- Licensed Pharmacist: Oklahoma, Mississippi (dormant), Georgia, Ohio
- Acute VTE in a Patient with Moderate Chronic Kidney Disease (Brenda L. Pahl, Douglas C. Anderson and Jordan D. Long) Pharmacy Practice Faculty Publications (2017)
- Patients with a History of Intracranial Hemorrhage (Jordan D. Long, Douglas C. Anderson and Brenda L. Pahl) Pharmacy Practice Faculty Publications (2017)
- Impact of Student vs Faculty Facilitators on Motivational Interviewing Student Outcomes. (Rebecca Widder-Prewett, Juanita A Draime, Ginger Cameron, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2017)
- Description and Comparison of Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in the United States (Douglas C. Anderson, Juanita A. Draime and Timothy S. Anderson) Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (2016)
- Prosthetic Heart Valves (Douglas C. Anderson) Pharmacy Practice Faculty Publications (2011)
- My favorite places to visit: Anywhere where there are fish to catch.
- Hobbies: Fishing (fly fishing in particular); guitar (electric, acoustic, and bass); sports, especially college football (Ride with Pride! Go Pokes!)
- I’m at Cedarville because I saw an opportunity to educate pharmacists who would use their profession as a mission field and engage the culture for God through pharmacy.