Miriam Ansong, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Director, Drug Information and Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Through dedication and diligence, Dr. Ansong’s academic experiences have focused on many sectors including research, clinical practice, innovative curriculum instructions, and administration. As a director, Dr. Ansong focuses on serving health care professionals, patients, and students across the globe with unique expertise marked by quality education and training in health information. Her pursuit to bridge the gap in clinical pharmacy services in underserved populations has led to research and scholarship of teaching. In addition to presentations at local, regional, national, and international conferences, Dr. Ansong’s innovative works have resulted in authorship and co-authorship in a number of publications including journal articles and book chapters. She currently oversees the CPE program and her active involvement in the profession of pharmacy is evident through her commitment to several committees in pharmacy organizations. In her previous institution, Dr. Ansong served as a founding director for a Drug Information Center and Specialized Drug Information Residency program. Her national recognition in 2006 as one of the American Top Pharmacists and Marquis Who’s Who among professionals in 2010 are a few among many that exemplify her skills sets.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Public Health Candidate, Walden University
- Pharm.D., Howard University College of Pharmacy
- E.M.B.A., Sullivan University
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1), Detroit Medical Center
- Drug Information Residency (PGY2), University of Illinois at Chicago
- Certifications: APhA Delivering MTM and Immunization Programs
- Places to visit: big cities where there is a lot to do and where my family members are
- Personal interests: Community outreach programs, global health innovations and services, traveling to places of interest
- Why Cedarville: Because it provides a place of education marked by faith in God.