Melody Hartzler, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Hartzler earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University. After finishing her degree she completed her pharmacy practice residency at the Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center in Columbus, Ohio. During her residency she also obtained a teaching certificate from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. Her clinical specialization involves Medication Therapy Management Services (MTMS) including anticoagulation, diabetes, hypertension, and lipid management.
Dr. Hartzler's clinical practice involves a collaborative practice at Western Medicine Family Physicians, a private family medicine office in Enon, Ohio. She practices as a clinical pharmacist with collaborative practice agreements that allow her to order medications and labs for her patients. She provides care for patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, and COPD. She also oversees the practice’s chronic care management program. Dr. Hartzler also has a passion for integrative and functional medicine and currently blogs at PharmToTable.Life.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C)
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM)
- Teaching certificate, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
- Residency in pharmacy practice with an emphasis on ambulatory care, Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center
- Favorite Place(s) to visit: Hawaii, Spain (actually anywhere there is sand and blue water!)
- Hobbies: Relaxing with my husband and children, music (piano/singing), traveling, blogging, spending time with friends and family
- Why Cedarville?:God has blessed me with the amazing opportunity to use my passion for pharmacy education and patient care for His glory! He is working in amazing ways through this program. I have loved watching our students grow in both their faith and their pharmacy expertise.