- About the School
- Academic Programs
- Accreditation and Recognition
- Alumni Connect
- Center for Pharmacy Innovation
- Disruptive Healthcare Blog
- Experiential Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Gift Giving
Mark Pinkerton, M.D.Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
The previous twenty years, Dr. Pinkerton practiced as a Family Physician. Seventeen of those years where in a remote, rural Colorado town of Monte Vista. He founded Monte Vista Family Practice, P.C. that quickly built the reputation of compassionate care. In 2011, he relocated to Cedarville. He practiced three years at Cedarville Family Practice and one day a week at University Medical Services. During this time, he “caught a bug” to teach and pass the wisdom and knowledge of his past experiences to the next medical generations. He still practices one day a week at University Medical Services. Prior to medical school, he earned a master’s degree in Chemistry (biochemistry emphasis) and worked as a research assistant in molecular biology. In his role at the School of Pharmacy, he serves as the Coordinator of Clinical Integration to ensure the curriculum has the depth and breadth of clinical knowledge.
Education and Credentials
- Residency – Family Practice Associates of Flower Hospital, Sylvania, OH, ‘94
- M.D. – Medical College of Ohio (Presently, University of Toledo College of Medicine), ‘91
- M.S. – Miami University, Oxford, OH, ‘85
- B.A. – Cedarville College, ‘83
- Impact of Student vs Faculty Facilitators on Motivational Interviewing Student Outcomes. (Rebecca Widder-Prewett, Juanita A Draime, Ginger Cameron, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2017)
- Student Self-assessment of Motivational Interviewing Skills (Rebecca M. Widder, Juanita A. Draime, Thaddeus T. Franz, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2016)
- The Impact of Small Group Facilitation on Student Confidence in Motivational Interviewing Skills (Juanita A. Draime, Rebecca M. Widder, Thaddeus T. Franz, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2016)
- The Kinetics of L-glucose Transport by Rhodotorula glutinis (C. K. Ritchie, Mark D. Pinkerton and C. C. Griffin) Federation Proceedings (1986)
- Transport of Monosaccharides by Rhodotorula glutinis (C. K. Ritchie, Mark D. Pinkerton and C. C. Griffin) Federation Proceedings (1985)
- Bicycling (road or mountain bikes), woodworking, old cars, guitar, mountains, forest, hiking, canoeing, camping
- Favorite Places to Visit: Colorado, mountains, any rural places of solitude, anywhere my wife, four daughters and their families are present with me.
- Why Cedarville? I am more than grateful for the impact Cedarville University had on my life as student. If I can have a fraction of that impact in a student’s life that faculty have had in my life as a student, then I will know my time at Cedarville University has been well spent for God’s Kingdom.