Melissa Beck, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Beck worked for 12 years at a contract research organization in Ashland, Ohio. During her time there, she conducted nonclinical safety assessment studies for drugs intended for humans and animals. Her research interests include understanding the effects of drugs and chemicals on development, both during pregnancy and after birth, as well as on behavior.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Toxicology, University of Michigan
- B.S. in Toxicology, Ashland University
- Favorite Places to Visit: Disney World, cruising anywhere a ship takes me, and Hilton Head
- Hobbies: I love to read, quilt, and spend time with my family.
- Why Cedarville? I am excited to be a part of a Christ-centered university that is using new techniques to educate the next generation of professionals.