Rocco Rotello, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Rotello was the first research fellow in Dr. Junying Yuan’s Laboratory in Medicine at Harvard University, where they published groundbreaking work on the mechanisms of apoptosis (programmed cell death). Following his training at Harvard, Dr. Rotello worked for Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals in Mason, Ohio, for more than 15 years, leading its biologics (monoclonal antibody) effort in the Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery Core. Prior to the divestiture of pharmaceuticals, Dr. Rotello served as a Drug Information Specialist, covering Actonel and Asacol. A recent issued patent by Dr. Rotello, which describes a novel antibody, is under development as a therapeutic by AerpioTherapeutics in Blue Ash, Cincinnati.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology, University of Colorado Medical School
- Research Fellow in Medicine, Harvard University
- M.S. in Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Nebraska Medical School
- B.A. in Biology and Chemistry, Chadron State College
- Hormonal Regulation of Uterine Cell Death (Apoptosis) (Rocco J. Rotello) Faculty Dissertations (1991)
- In the Age of Overwhelming Opinions, Who Is Your KOL and How Do You Assess Their Risks and Benefits in the Evolving Health Care Environment (Rocco J Rotello) Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor (2016)
- Method for Treating Coronary Artery Disease Using Antibody Binding Human Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Beta (HPTPβ) (Rocco J. Rotello, Kevin G. Peters and Michael G. Davis) (2013)
- Antibodies That Bind Human Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Beta (HPTPβ) (Rocco J. Rotello, Kevin G. Peters and Michael G. Davis) Pharmacy Faculty Patents (2011)
- Antibodies to the Staphylococcal Multidrug Resistance (SMR) Protein (Rocco J. Rotello) Pharmacy Faculty Patents (2005)
- Favorite places to visit: Colorado mountains, the ocean, Boston “The North End”
- Hobbies: Outdoor activities, coaching youth sports, gardening, working on stuff
- Why Cedarville: Open door, God's plan, and answered prayer. My kids love Ohio!