Tim Veenstra, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Science
Dr. Timothy Veenstra obtained his Ph.D in biochemistry followed by post-doctoral fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He has almost 25 years of experience in basic research in both oncology and neurology with a focus on identifying biomarkers and protein pathways involved in both of these conditions. His is currently on the editorial boards of Biotechniques, Proteomics, Genome Medicine, and Clinical Proteomics.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, University of Windsor
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Trent University
- Proteomic Applications in Cancer Detection and Discovery (2012) Timothy D. Veenstra. John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York, NY.
- Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Biomarker Discovery (2012) Editors; Haleem Issaq and Timothy D. Veenstra. Academic Press, Waltham, MA
- Veenstra, T.D. (2016) Neuroproteomic tools for battling Alzheimer's disease. Proteomics. 16, 2847-2853.
- Veenstra, T.D. (2019) Preparation of the Low Molecular Weight Serum Proteome for Mass Spectrometry Analysis. Methods Mol Biol. 2024, 95-102.
- Veenstra, T. D. (2005) An enriched look at tyrosine phosphorylation. Nat. Biotechnol. 23, 36-37.
- Spending time with family, hobby farming, home renovations
- Why Cedarville?: Cedarville provides me the opportunity to minister to young people through academics while working with fellow believers focused on glorifying God in the workplace.