Ruth Markham, Ed.D.Associate Professor of Psychology
Dr. Markham began teaching full time at Cedarville in 2011, after several years as an adjunct instructor in both the psychology and education departments. She has worked as a certified school psychologist for 30 years, in a variety of states, countries, and settings. Her research interests are in the areas of psychology that involve learning and the educational process, with a particular interest in qualitative research. She loves to direct students toward the very rewarding career options that involve both psychology and the school environment.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. in School Psychology, Ball State University
- Ed.S. in School Psychology, Ball State University
- M.A. in School Psychometry, Ball State University
- B.A. in Sociology/Psychology, Grace College
- Favorite places to visit: North Carolina to visit my daughter Grace and her family or Virginia to visit my daughter Anne and her husband.
- Hobbies: Spending time with my grandchildren: Esther, Judah, and Emma, especially when they come to see us at our home where we can fish, play with the dogs, and feed the chickens. I also love cooking and gardening with my husband, Bob.
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I love the students here at Cedarville that God places in my classes every year! It is pure joy to see them grow and develop academically and spiritually. I feel so blessed to be a part of the psychology department here at Cedarville. We are an eclectic and diverse group of psychologists/educators who represent the broad scope of the profession of psychology, but with a unity of purpose and camaraderie that clearly comes from the Holy Spirit’s leading.