Nate Hnatiuk, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Chemistry
BiographyDr. Hnatiuk is a synthetic organic chemist who has taught chemistry at Cedarville University since 2008. His current research interests focus on the synthesis of Pd-Ib, a natural product with therapeutic properties for irritable bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn’s disease.
Education and Credentials
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, University of Connecticut
- B.S. in Chemistry, Houghton College
- Part 1: Synthesis of Psico-nucleoside Analogs of Oxetanocin A. Part 2: Synthesis of Alpha-glycosphingolipids for in Vivo Studies and Purity Determination
- Layered ±-Zirconium Phosphates and Phosphonates
- Interests: Guitar (playing, modding, and building), kayaking, volleyball, reading
- Why Cedarville?: I enjoy the unique culture that allows me to develop relationships with students and have a positive impact on their future.