Ashley Holland, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Mathematics
Dr. Holland joined the faculty of the Department of Science and Mathematics at Cedarville University in 2013. She enjoys probability and statistics, and she conducted her dissertation research in penalized spline estimation within the field of semiparametric econometrics. She also has experience in Stata, a statistics package.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- M.S. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- B.S. in Mathematics, Cedarville University
- Holland, Ashley D. "Penalized spline estimation in the partially linear model." Journal of Multivariate Analysis 153 (2017): 211-235.
- Cattaneo, Matias D., David M. Drukker, and Ashley D. Holland. "Estimation of multivalued treatment effects under conditional independence." The Stata Journal 13.3 (2013): 407-450.
- Holland, Ashley D. "Penalized Spline Estimation in the Partially Linear Model," Faculty Dissertations (2012)
- Interests: Reading, playing with my dog Luna, spending time with my family
- Why Cedarville: I chose to work at Cedarville University because I love talking about mathematics all day and working with students. I enjoy serving the Lord here by helping to provide a God-honoring, life-changing college experience for our students, as they grow in faith and pursue academic excellence.