Aaron Hutchison, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Dr. Hutchison was born and raised on a small farm outside of Albany, Ohio (in the southeastern portion of the state). He attended Cedarville as a student and studied chemistry, with a special interest in forensic science. He currently teaches Analytical and Environmental chemistry and directs Cedarville's Forensic Science program. He is also pastor of Zion Baptist Church in Cedarville.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Kentucky
- B.A. in Chemistry, Cedarville University
View a listing of scholarly works in the Cedarville University Digital Commons »
- The Design and Synthesis of Novel Chelates for the Precipitation of Mercury
The Fate of arsenic in Noah’s Flood
- Interests: Reading, military strategy games, classic science fiction films
- Why Cedarville: I came back to Cedarville because I wanted to teach at a place where I could easily discuss my faith with my students and integrate biblical truth into my chemistry lectures. I also appreciate that I can openly pursue my research on the geochemistry of Noah's Flood.