Bill Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biology, Science Education Coordinator
Dr. Jones joined the faculty of the Department of Science and Mathematics in 1999. In addition to teaching, he coordinates the Science Education Program for science education majors. Dr. Jones has served as an Ohio Board of Regents’ Teaching Fellow and is currently a NSTA/CAEP Report Reviewer, evaluating university and college science teacher education programs nationwide. He also serves as a Senior Auditor for the NSTA Teacher Accreditation Committee. His current research interests include stream ecology, preservice teachers’ understanding of the nature of science, and science education. Dr. Jones is a member of the National Association of Science Teachers (NSTA), The Association for Science Teacher Educators (ASTE), and the National Science Education Leadership Association (NSELA).
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Science Education, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Education with Biology Emphasis, University of Akron
- B.A. in Biology, Cedarville University
- Favorite places to visit: Treks to Civil War battlefields and Moosehead Lake, ME.
- Hobbies: Reading history on the beach, kayaking, hiking, snow shoeing, waterskiing,
- Sport Teams: Ohio State football, The Cleveland Browns, and CU Volleyball.
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville University is one of the few institutes of higher education preparing future science teachers regionally and within the state of Ohio to look at their profession and the world from a distinctly Christian perspective and to take their place as highly qualified professionals in the science education community.