Bill Jones, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Biology, Science Education Coordinator
Dr. Jones joined the faculty of the Department of Science and Mathematics in 1999. In addition to teaching he coordinates the Science Education Program for science education majors. Dr. Jones has served as an Ohio Board of Regents’ Teaching Fellow and is currently a NSTA/CAEP Report Reviewer, evaluating university and college science teacher education programs nationwide. He also serves as a Senior Auditor for the NSTA Teacher Accreditation Committee. His current research interests include stream ecology, preservice teachers’ understanding of the nature of science, and science education. Dr. Jones is a member of the National Association of Science Teachers (NSTA), The Association for Science Teacher Educators (ASTE), and the National Science Education Leadership Association (NSELA).
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Science Education, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Education with Biology Emphasis, University of Akron
- B.A. in Biology, Cedarville University
- Favorite places to visit: Gettysburg; Western Basin Lake Erie shores and wetlands; Moosehead Lake, ME.
- Hobbies: Military history, kayaking, hiking, snow shoeing, waterskiing,
- Sport Teams: Ohio State football, The Cleveland Browns, and CU Volleyball.