George Huff, M.S.S.A.Professor of Social Work
Professor Huff worked as a social worker for 25 years assessing families of abuse and neglect as well as managing adoption, foster care and volunteer services. Prior to coming to Cedarville, he was an adjunct faculty member for Ashland University and North Central State College. He is a Licensed Independent Social Worker with a Supervision designation (LISW-S) in the state of Ohio. He has provided agency clinical supervision and supervises individuals interested in becoming licensed at the graduate level. Professor Huff has published in the area of integration, faith, and practice. He enjoys mentoring men and conducting premarital counseling.
Education and Credentials
- M.S. in Social Administration, Case Western Reserve University
- B.A. in Sociology, Ashland University
- Licensed Independent Social Worker – Supervision (LISW-S)
- Exploring the Professor and Student Relationship After a Life-threatening Trauma (George E. Huff and Michael E. Sherr) Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment (2019)
- Student Perceptions of Salient Indicators of Integration of Faith and Learning (IFL): The Christian Vocation Model (Michael E. Sherr, George E. Huff and M. Curran) Journal of Research on Christian Education (2007)
- BSW Student Perceptions of Salient Integration of Faith and Learning Indicators (Michael E. Sherr, George E. Huff and M. A. Curran) Social Work & Christianity (2006)
- Developing a Successful International Internship (George E. Huff and Julie Furj-Kuhn) Baccalaureate Program Director’s Annual Conference (2013)
- The High Tech World of Field Placement: All Aboard (Lisa K. Clifton and George E. Huff) North American Association of Christians in Social Work Conference (2012)
Hobbies: boating, water skiing, Corvettes, exercising, and spending time with family
Favorite places to visit: Smoky Mountains, Tennessee and Lakeside Marblehead, Ohio
Why Cedarville? I want students to know that it is possible to be a Christian and practice social work in the public sector. At Cedarville University, I am able to share my experiences and practices with students from a Christian worldview.