Instructor of Social Work
Professor Wagner began her social work career in child welfare through a private foster care agency as well as for the state of Indiana. She has had the opportunity to work with children and families in crisis in a variety of settings. Professor Wagner assessed the safety of children in foster and biological homes and provided ongoing case management. Since that time, she became a certified forensic interviewer through the National Children’s Advocacy Center and has worked with victims of abuse at a local Child Advocacy Center and in the Emergency Department at Dayton Children’s Hospital. Along with assessing for abuse and neglect in the emergency department, she completed mental health assessments for kids and young adults. From her passion with children and families, she became aware of a need for additional services for women in need of substance use treatment. In 2016, she co-founded Her Story, Inc. a nonprofit in Xenia that provides housing to women in need of detox and inpatient substance use treatment.
Education and Credentials
- M.S.W. Boise State University
- B.S.W., Cedarville University
- Licensed Social Worker through the state of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- Certified Forensic Interviewer
- My husband, Caleb and I enjoy hiking, backpacking, traveling, and cooking. I also bike to campus from my home in Xenia as much as possible!
- Why Cedarville?: The integration of faith and practice is invaluable in social work, and Cedarville does that so well. I am grateful for a place that I can integrate both of those areas into the classroom and intentional discipleship with students.