Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement Summer Courses
- Summer Gen Eds List
- Contact Us
- Sessions and Costs
- Summer School Questions
- Early Childhood Endorsement
- Visiting Students
- Drop/Add Dates
- Faculty Summer Policies
- Center for Lifelong Learning
All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited.
The department of education is implementing the Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement program (ECG Endorsement). The ECG Endorsement will prepare teacher candidates, as well as teachers possessing an Ohio Early Childhood license (pre-K through grade 3), to effectively deliver instruction and promote student achievement for students in grades 4 and 5. We are offering the courses necessary for the ECG Endorsement during May Session. Although we cannot offer any of these courses for graduate credit, we are pleased to provide them for those who are currently teaching with a P-3 license so that they may add grades 4 and 5.
The course of study in the ECG Endorsement includes:
|EDMC 3550||Curriculum and Instruction for Grades 4 and 5||3 semester hours|
|EDMC 2800||Development Issues in Young Adolescents||2 semester hours|
|EDMC 3970||Middle Childhood Clinical (Grades 4 and 5)||2 semester hours|
|HIST 2100||Ohio History for Educators||2 semester hours|
|9 total hours|
Undergraduate courses offered this summer:
May 7 - 24, 2019
- EDMC 2800 Developmental Issues — Young Adolescent
- EDMC 3550 Curriculum and Instruction (Grades 4 and 5)
- EDMC 3970 Middle School Clinical (Grades 4 and 5)
May Tuition: TBA
Room and board: TBA
- Summer courses will be billed over three dates: May 6, June 1, and July 1
- If you have never attended Cedarville — submit a non-degree application.
- If you have attended or graduated from Cedarville — readmit your application.
- If you have taken a graduate course from Cedarville within the last year (SU18, FA18, SP19) — contact the office of the registrar.