Professor Gosser teaches courses in drawing, painting, installation art, and art history. As a painter, his work leverages the inherent historical context of the medium to confront issues of online social interactivity and digital simulacra. Fragments of discarded media find their place alongside canonical works of art, emblematic of a landscape flattened by the Google search query. Professor Gosser has been at Cedarville since 2005.
Education and Credentials
- M.F.A. in Visual Art, Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University
- B.A. in Art, Goshen College
- Bumper Sticker: I'd rather be painting.
- Pretending to be a farmer
- Generally geeking out over new technology (I'm a Mac)
- Active member of the Colbert Nation (Wrist-Strong!)
- Hanging out with wife Sarah and lil’ artists-in-the-making Lola and Henry.