Professor James Leightenheimer serves as Associate Professor of Communication Arts. Mr. "L," as the students call him, teaches classes in the audio production, management, and sales emphases of the electronic media major. During his time at Cedarville, he has received the Faculty Member of the Year Award, Faculty Adviser of the Year, and Faculty Innovator of the Year. In addition to teaching, Jim is the adviser for Cedarville University’s award-winning student radio station, Resoundradio.com.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in Telecommunications Management, Ohio University
- B.A. in Broadcasting and Speech, Cedarville University
- Certificate, NewTech Production Program, The Recording Workshop
- Favorite Places to visit: Algonquin Provincial Park; anywhere that my children happen to be living (France, Dayton, Japan, Oklahoma, and North Carolina at the moment)
- Hobbies: Reading, bicycling, hiking, canoeing, hunting, art glass, and black-smithing
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I love Cedarville! I graduated in 1980 and returned several years later. God has called me to help students prepare for careers in the media. It is exciting to see God work in the lives of these students and to see how God uses a large network of graduates to help connect current students to internships and careers in the media.
- Civil War History
- International Media
- Media History
- Radio Drama
- Stained Glass Art
- Shooting Sports
- Wilderness Trekking
- World War II History