Dr. MacKay served in faculty and administrative positions in Georgia, Illinois, and New Brunswick, Canada, before joining the education faculty at Cedarville University in 2000. Certified in curriculum, instruction, and supervision, Dr. MacKay’s 30-plus years of experience includes supervising numerous student teachers and school faculty. Dr. MacKay has researched, published, and presented on the history of education in Canada and how student teachers are impacted by student teaching overseas. Dr. MacKay is active in a number of professional organizations including the National Science Teacher's Association, where she has presented workshops at national conferences to early childhood classroom teachers.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. with an emphasis in curriculum and instruction, Bob Jones University
- M.A. in Elementary Education with an emphasis in supervision, University of Georgia
- B.A. in Elementary Education, Oglethorpe University
- Favorite Places to Visit: United States: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; Abroad: London, England
- Hobbies: Reading, gardening, porcelain doll making
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I enjoy interacting with Cedarville students both inside and outside of class. It gives me great pleasure to be a part of their spiritual and educational growth and to be able to assist them in finding teaching positions in the States and overseas after they leave the University.
- Best Practices in Supervising Clinical Field Experience and Student Teaching
- Impact of Overseas Student Teaching