Professor Moore directs the University’s Writing Center. Cedarville's 2014–15 Miracle yearbook was dedicated to her, and in 2008, she received the Dean’s Service Award for her work. She has given many conference presentations at regional and national writing center conferences, and she is the author several poetry books, Particular Scandals, published in 2013 in The Poiema Poetry Series by Cascade Books; Slipping Out of Bloom; and the chapbook Election Day. Professor Moore has been nominated for the Best of the Net anthology and twice for the Pushcart Prize; her poetry has been featured on both Poetry Daily and Verse Daily. Her poems have appeared in more than a hundred publications, such as Alaska Quarterly Review, The Christian Century, Christianity and Literature, Cimarron Review, Image Journal, The Missouri Review Online, Nimrod International Journal, The Southern Review, and Valparaiso Poetry Review.
Education and Credentials
- The Ohio Writing Project, Miami University
- M.A. in English, University of Dayton
- B.A. in English, Cedarville University
- Taking my dog for long walks
- Hiking in state and national parks
- Visiting Yellow Springs whenever possible
- Broadcasting poems on “Conrad’s Corner” on WYSO, 91.3 FM
- Watching foreign films and movies based on literary works
- Why Cedarville?: I am a writer who grew up in Moorestown, New Jersey, and transformed from Jersey Girl to Heartland Lover when I came to Cedarville in the early 1980s. Working with my writing center tutors and my colleagues in the ELML department is honestly the best job in the world.