Professor Moore directs the University’s Writing Center, and in 2008, she received the Dean’s Service Award for her work. She is also the author of the poetry books, Particular Scandals, published in 2013 in The Poiema Poetry Series by Cascade Books; Slipping Out of Bloom; and the chapbook, Election Day. Professor Moore has been nominated for the Best of the Net anthology and twice for the Pushcart Prize; she has also received the Editor’s Choice Award from Writecorner Press, the Rosine Offen Memorial Award from the Free Lunch Arts Alliance, and the Janet B. McCabe Poetry Prize from Ruminate. Her poems have appeared in over a hundred publications, such as Alaska Quarterly Review, American Poetry Journal, The Christian Century,Christianity and Literature, Cimarron Review, The Missouri Review Online, Nimrod International Journal, Poetry Daily, The Southern Review, Valparaiso Poetry Review, and Verse Daily.
Education and Credentials
- The Ohio Writing Project, Miami University
- M.A., University of Dayton
- B.A., Cedarville University
- Broadcasting poems on “Conrad’s Corner” on WYSO, 91.3 FM
- Watching foreign films and movies based on literary works
- Cheering for the Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles