Dr. Glen Duerr is a citizen of three countries. He was born in the United Kingdom, moved to Canada as a teenager, and then to the United States to obtain his Ph.D. His teaching and research interests include nationalism and secession, comparative politics, international relations theory, sports and politics, and Christianity and politics. He has published numerous refereed journal articles, book chapters, encyclopedia entries, and book reviews. He is the author of a book, Secessionism and the European Union, which was published by Lexington Books in 2015.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Kent State University
- M.A. in Political Science, University of Windsor
- B.A. (Honors) in History and Political Science, University of Western Ontario
- Spending time with family: wife, Rebecca; son, Declan; and twin girls on the way
- Sports in general
- Traveling Running half-marathons
- Playing pool/snooker, darts, and table tennis
- Why I'm at Cedarville: The students are, in general, of exceptional quality. It is a pleasure to teach them, and to engage in integrative discussions with them aligning scripture, where applicable, with prominent theories, events, and issues in global politics. I also enjoy researching, especially nationalism and secession, and I have started a new book project examining what the Bible has to say about issues of nationalism.
- European politics (British and Belgian)
- Canadian Politics
- International Relations Theory
- Political Conflict
- Sports and Politics