Dr. Rich joined the faculty of Cedarville University in 2000. Prior to that, he gained over 20 years of experience working in government, with the majority of that service as a city manager. He has special interest in state and local government, privatization, and the Christian's role in government.
Education and Credentials
- D.P.A., Western Michigan University
- M.P.A., University of Dayton
- B.A. in Speech Communications, Cedarville University
- Ohio Police Officers Academy, Green County Sheriff’s Department
- Certified Economic Development Planner, Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA)
- Hobbies: bicycling, sailing, and skiing
- Why I'm at Cedarville: While serving as a City Manager, I realized that as a believer I was able to significantly affect my community and culture for Christ. Yet in assessing the number of believers in the profession, I felt a burden to train and send into government service gatekeepers capable of being salt and light in a political environment that is often hostile to God.